Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jaz

This is Jaz. She is the first kitty we ever rescued. She was on her way to "the pound" when my co-workers and I were given a chance to save her and her sisters. I got the prettiest one.

She was not, however the best behaved one. Jaz had a mind of her own. She could open cabinets, and dresser drawers. She liked to climb Gregg's dresser and, while hanging on with one paw, throw all his boxers on the floor with the other. She preferred the dog's food. She loved ice cream and pizza, she would steal your food too. She'd climb out your arm to get to your spoon.


Jaz loved me the most, I think. She would sleep on my head and knead her claws in my scalp. We had a routine when I'd come home. She'd run to me, jump up on her hind legs and reach to be picked up. I'd rub my nose on hers and she'd lick mine. Once when we'd been gone a few days, she was so excited to see me, she bit my nose. That was interesting to explain at work the next day.

Jaz passed away yesterday. She went slowly, but peacefully. We had lots of time to hold her and remember. She had always loved having her nose rubbed, Carrie would oblige this with brightly colored markers. She was buried next to Hershey with a bright pink nose.
Bye Jazzy-you were a trip.


1 comment:

Surfs Up said...

I think Weezer will miss Jazz the most. They were such great friends.